Prep time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 1 hour | Difficulty: Medium | Serving Size: 6
This dish is the story of winter vegetables! With all of the main ingredients hailing from the brassica family, this dish is healthy, satisfying and simply delicious.
Cauliflower 2 large
Broccolini 1 bunch
Brussels sprouts 500g
Salt To taste
Broccoli flowers (optional) 5 small bunches
1. Take the cauliflower and remove any outer leaves. Place the cauliflower with the stem sticking up and cut into 1 cm thick steaks. You want to get nice cross-sections of the cauliflower with the stem holding the pieces together. The outside pieces will fall apart, but that is ok as it will be turned into a puree.
2. Take the cauliflower steaks and place them on a baking tray flat side down. Drizzle with some oil and season with salt. Add the off cuts to the tray on one side. Roast at 200oC for 15mins until golden brown and tender.
3. Meanwhile, get a pot of water on to boil. Add a pinch of salt to the water. When the water is boiling, cook the brussels sprout and broccolini until just tender, around about 2mins each.
4. When the cauliflower is cooked, take the offcuts and blend with the cream using a stick blender or food processor. Season with salt to taste. You want this cauliflower puree to be as smooth as possible.
5. To serve, make a swipe of the cauliflower puree on the plate. Next place the cauliflower steak on top, followed by the brussels sprout and broccolini. Garnish with the broccoli flowers if desired. Finish with a dash of good quality olive oil.