Prep time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Difficulty: Easy | Serving Size: 8
This salad is great to serve as a side dish to the main meal, or by itself if you want to feel super healthy! The specific ingredients in this dish can be easily replaced with other produce - the best thing to do is to simply purchase what is in season.
Cos lettuce 2 heads
Red butterhead lettuce 2 heads
Baby radishes 1 bunch
Baby beetroot 1 bunch
Dijon mustard 1 Tbsp
White wine vinegar 3 Tbsp
Olive oil 100ml
Sugar 1 tsp
Salt To taste
1. Wash all of the salad leaves to make sure there is no dirt in there. Dry in a salad spinner.
2. Using a sharp knife or mandoline, carefully slice the baby radishes and beetroot thinly. Place them in ice water for 10minutes. This will help them to firm up and give them a nice crunch.
3. Wash the nettle thoroughly in cold water. Cook the nettle in a pot of boiling water for 15 seconds and then transfer directly into ice water. This process is called 'blanching and refreshing' and will help the nettle to keep a lot of its green color and flavor vibrancy.
4. Remove the nettle from the ice water after a few minutes and squeeze out any excess liquid. Place the nettle, mustard, vinegar, oil, sugar, and salt in a blender and blitz on high for 30 seconds until you get a smooth dressing.
5. To serve, combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt to taste.