Dark chocolate, chopped 600g
Egg yolks 6
White sugar 150g
Thickened cream 400ml
Rhubarb 3 sticks
Lemon, sliced 1
Orange juice 500ml
Raw sugar 100g
Gingerbread biscuits 150g
Mint 1 bunch
1. To make the mousse, heat the dark chocolate in a metal bowl over a pot of boiling water until melted. Set aside to cool. Whisk the egg yolks and white sugar together until the mixture becomes pale and foamy. Add to the chocolate.
2. Combine the thickened cream and quark and whisk until soft peaks. Gently fold the quark mixture into the chocolate. Using a spoon or piping bag, transfer the mousse mixture into glasses and set in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Heat the orange juice, sliced lemon and raw sugar in a pan. Cut the rhubarb into 2cm lengths. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the rhubarb and cook on a low-medium heat until tender, approximately 20 minutes. Let the rhubarb cool down in the orange juice liquid.
4. Roughly chop the gingerbread biscuits.
5. To serve, add the poached rhubarb and gingerbread to the glass and garnish with mint.